Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekends in Camden Point

Every weekend I have been trying to do something connected with Camden Point and the people who live there.

October 16th 17th: On Saturday, my neighbor and I went to a local art’s festival in Camden Point called Farmstead. I was inspired, and another friend of mine even got me into a workshop where I learned how to use the soldering iron and make my own soldered jewelry.
My best friend’s Nana died. I took it upon myself to help run the funeral on Sunday and be there to support her in any way possible. It’s funny how in a small town you end up going to so many funerals that by the time you are 21 you can practically run one… But, I suppose that I have been to just as many weddings and baby showers, so it kind of evens things out.

On the 18th: I went out and took photos of Camden Point, including both the old and new cemeteries.








October 23rd & 24th: American Royal Livestock Show time. Mom is the Superintendant of the Sheep and Goat shows. With help from her family and friends we are able to support a world-renowned show where local Platte County livestock is shown with the best from across the US.

October 30th & 31st: Mom and I went to a geneology workshop and learned a few tips on how to look up our family history. That has helped me a lot with this project.
My neighbor and I went into town on Halloween and watched the children’s costume parade. We talked to some of our other neighbors and enjoyed cookies and hotdogs afterward. During the celebration I listened to my dear friend, Brochius, tell jokes.

November 7th: I had some friends from my Green Sculpture class at KCAI come up to the farm for a visit. We had a monumental holiday breakfast courtesy of Mom. Then we toured the farm and the town Camden Point. I told them all about it’s history and we had a pretty good time.

Next Weekend: Open Season and the Barn Artists!!


No comments:

Post a Comment